You can do it alone or with colleagues as a team;
or invite a graduate student, Editorial Intern,
to assist you.
Your graduate student becomes familiar with subject resources on the Internet,
gains knowledge of issues and trends in a specific subject, and may earn extra money.
Thanks for selecting Academic Exchange Quarterly for your professional needs.
to share your knowledge and expertise
- Feature Editors have general knowledge of issues and trends in a specific
subject; certainly it is not necessary
to be known for high-quality research
on a topic in order to be regarded as subject expert.
- Naturally, after successful years as AEQ Feature Editor you will become known in the academia..
- You have an opportunity here to influence the education paradigm of the future.
Three steps to apply for Feature Editor |
- Select established/published topic listed under
We recommend that you rewrite selected topic or at least make some adjustments to "Focus"
- Propose a new topic i.e. define Focus, Who may submit, Promo. Details in THIRD STEP below.
Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter Issue.   It takes about ten months to publish one issue.
Based on past experience, we suggest to do PROMO at least three times.
|| FE application deadline
|| 1st PROMO
|| 2nd PROMO
|| 3rd PROMO
|| May - June
|| September- October
|| August - September
|| November - December
|| February - March
Email your application
as MS-Word-doc-file type attachment to:
firstname.lastname@example.org Compose your attachment as follows:
- Issue: Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter
- Month of your 1st PROMO & 2nd PROMO & 3rd PROMO
- Topic's title
- Your name, academic position, institution, email
(repeat the same for co-editor or editorial intern )
- Focus - length one or two paragraphs
- Who May Submit
- Article submission deadline
- PROMO - identify minimum seven ways to promote your topic
(be sure to include at least four from
the following: email discussion groups,
listserves, association's website, YouTube or Facebook).
- Feature Editor must be familiar with using/posting call for papers to
email discussion groups, listserves etc... YES - I am familiar. NO - I am not familiar.
If not, subscribe to AEQ_Editors@Yahoogroups.com.
Read entry #15 All feature editors ..... below
- We assume you read, understand, and accept all fifteen entries listed under Feature Editor (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16)
Do you have any questions?    NO/YES (ask)
- All above eleven entries (a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k) need to be completed, otherwise we will conclude
that you are not familiar with Feature Editor position
- We need 3-4 days to review your application and create URL for you - similar to examples in
KEYWORD LIST or suggest changes to your proposal.
- You can monitor your promotional effort on TRACK-YOUR-SUBMISSION page.
- Positive outcome is achieved when your KEYWORD, depending on the topic, has 7 - 15 accepted submissions...
- In case of a poor showing after 1st PROMO
- publication date may be delayed by one or more issues
- you may be asked to broaden your topic...
- you may be asked to intensify your promotion...
- or your appointment will automatically be cancelled.
- When there is a disagreement
among reviewers, we will seek your input to break the tie.
- When asked, Feature Editor writes one page editorial, about 400-900 words. If there are three
or more topics, than the two editors with the highest number of accepted
submissions will write editorials.
For editorial examples see TABLE OF CONTENTS of a particular issue.
- All work is voluntary. No formal compensation is given.
However, we do offer remuneration options including monetary gift to your favorite charity or organization,
plus Editorial Intern/Assistant opportunity to earn extra money - $500 is the maximum amount.
- Names of successful Feature Editors are listed in Academic Exchange Quarterly print edition.
- Any Feature Editor is eligible to apply for Sound Instruction Book Editor
- We reserve the right to terminate any staff appointment at any time for any reason specified in the policies, procedures, and guidelines of AEQ or as a result of operational requirements.
- SUMMATION The job of being a Feature Editor entails three activities.
- generate a sufficient number of submissions/manuscripts
- decide the review outcome when there is a disagreement between two reviewers
Note, FE does not intervene on behalf of authors who fail to meet requirements.
Any such contact from Feature Editor will count towards authorís
"eight contacts limit" See entry #12 We discourage.....
- write an issue editorial - when asked
from-coast-to-coast and worldwide.
Academic Exchange Quarterly SIMPLE E-MAIL AUTHENTICATION
There is AEX in the subject field.
Plus, there are MINIMUM TWO OF THE FOLLOWING FOUR in e-mail content:
(1) your original e-mail (2) your submission number (3) your submission title
(4) your submission issue of publication in Academic Exchange Quarterly.
Protect yourself from fraudulent e-mails...................